Monday, February 25, 2008

HMMMM....

Long time no post.....sorry. You'd think that with the long break, I'd have lots to say. Unfortunatly that is not so. On the driving front, I think I've reached a "plateau" in my learning and now it is just practice, practice, practice. Even my driving instuctor told me that he doesn't think there is much more he can "teach" me rather I just need to drive every opportunity possible and get my confidence up and only then will I see improvements. I have three more lessons I've paid for so I'm hoping to practice mucho with Cliff (or whoever) and use those driving lessons as practice runs for my final exam.

On the topic of weight loss, I'm finding it difficult to get in time to do my daily exercise. Sure I walk the kids to school and back daily and that is a great start but days that I can't or there is no school I'm struggling to do other exercise. Sure I have good days, such as last Thursday I logged 21239 steps (!) on my pedometer but I also have not so good days. I would like last Thursday's activity level to be the norm rather than the exception. I recently tried doing Winsor Pilates. Wow, if only I was that flexible. That "if only" is actually what keeps me going. All the comments I've heard on the topic is that when you start you may not be able to do it but if you keep it up, after a couple months it gets much easier and your flexibility improves as well as the toning and weight loss. And even better is the fact that is doesn't take that much time to fit it into one's already hectic schedule. I read somewhere that it takes about 21 days for something to become habit. I managed to exercise daily for about 2 weeks (14 days), so I guess a new goal will be to make it 21 days and hopefully then I won't have to think about "fitting exercise in" to my daily routine, it will be a habit/ part of it.

The weather has actually warmed up and appears to be staying warm for a while. It feels so nice, it actually feels like spring is in the air. Snow is melting, I hear and see birds singing in the trees, depending on where you look you can even see (dead) grass on lawns. I even saw someone pulling a boat when I was out driving this moring!! Not a showblower or a ski-doo, but a boat! :) I realize this is only the end of February and March and April in Winnipeg are so unpredictable but I'm going to enjoy this weather for as long as I can right now.

No comments: