Thursday, March 6, 2008

101 Things About Myself



  1. I was born in New Zealand


  2. We moved to Canada when I was 2 months old


  3. I've never been back, until......


  4. I'm going to New Zealand this summer to celebrate my Aunt & Uncle's Anniversary


  5. I have a half-brother and a half-sister, each of whom I've never met


  6. Each of the above came from seperate parents of mine during their relationships prior to marrying one another. (My father and my mother, respectively)


  7. I grew up with my father and mother for the 1st five years of my life in Alberta


  8. My dad remarried to our housekeeper


  9. The rest of my years at home were spent in a blended family


  10. I attended grades 3-12 in New Brunswick


  11. When I was 21, I moved to Winnipeg to live with my birth mother whom I had not seen since I was 8 years old


  12. I attended university at the University Of Manitoba


  13. I received my Bachelor of Nursing in 2000


  14. I met my husband in nursing


  15. We both graduated and were married in 2000


  16. Our first child (son) was born in 2001


  17. My son is the 7th generation of first born males to have his name


  18. I was pregnant 5 times, and have 3 kids


  19. I helped assist and teach French at a local Christian school during my grade 12 year


  20. I personally completed 63 P.A.C.E.'s


  21. I spent one year in Seoul, Korea teaching at a Christian school


  22. I spent 3 months in Paraguay homeschooling a Korean family (2 kids)


  23. I still don't fully understand how God took care of me during a trip to Japan to renew my visa


  24. After I graduated, I nursed in Palliative Care


  25. Now I work/nurse in a Long-Term Personal Care setting


  26. I have never been to Europe


  27. Both my husband and I would like to tour there sometime


  28. I enjoy flying


  29. I am 34 years old and never held a full driver's licence


  30. I have epilepsy that is controlled with daily medication


  31. I have been seizure free for 3 1/2 years


  32. I attended French Immersion in grades 7-12


  33. Although I was bilingual when I graduated, I know I'm not now


  34. I am right-handed


  35. I've never worn braces but probably should have


  36. In grade 3, I had to take speech therapy for "s" and "th" sounds


  37. We drive a mini-van


  38. My son is in soccer, so I guess that makes me a soccer mom


  39. I memorized over 2000 Bible scriptures in 2 1/2 years


  40. When I sing, I make a "joyful noise"


  41. I sang in a church choir and during the Easter Cantata...in Korean


  42. I enjoy arts and crafts


  43. I think I'd like scrapbooking if I could ever find the time


  44. I'm a packrat


  45. I'm stubborn; I like to say I'm tenacious ("stubborn in a good way")


  46. I don't have just one favorite color


  47. The colors in my wedding were peach & teal


  48. I like to wear green's, brown's, and earth tones


  49. My mom's husband nicknamed me Toad


  50. I had frogs on my wedding invitations and cake


  51. I collect frogs


  52. My upstairs bathroom is decorated with frogs


  53. My main bathroom is decorated with Winnie The Pooh


  54. My kitchen & dining room are decorated with ivy


  55. I've never broken a bone


  56. I have no food allergies


  57. I'm allergic to penicillin


  58. My husband is also allergic to Penicillin


  59. My maiden name is the same (pronounciation but not spelling) as my husband's mother's (mil) maiden name


  60. My birthdate is the same date as my mil & fil's anniversary as well as my husband's brother & his wife's anniversary


  61. I've been to the top of the Calgary Tower but not the CN Tower


  62. I dislike snakes


  63. I don't like raw onions


  64. But I cook with onions as long as they are cut up small....


  65. I like ham and green olive pizza, thanks to my hubby


  66. I didn't go to my high school prom


  67. I'm currently practicing to get my full driver's licence and now understand why they say it is easier to get when you are younger


  68. I don't know my blood type


  69. I really like Victorian style homes - turrets & wrap-around verandahs


  70. I don't have one, but like to dream that someday...


  71. I've always thought I'd like a spiral staircase


  72. I enjoy gardening


  73. I've been blogging for almost 5 months now


  74. I'm shy


  75. I value my friends


  76. I tend to have a couple close friends, rather than many fairweather friends


  77. In high school my favorite subjects were math and science


  78. My highest grade in high school was in grade 12 calculus


  79. In high school I took a course in computer programming


  80. I enjoy learning new languages and cultures


  81. I can speak some Korean, Spanish, and of course, French


  82. I've had my ears pierced 2 different times but let them grow over both times as they'd get irritated


  83. I don't have any other body piercings


  84. I know how to cook, but don't enjoy it


  85. I love to help people


  86. When I get a pet, I'd like a dog


  87. I don't like cats (for my pet) but I tolerate other people's cats


  88. I love to get "real" mail and/or email


  89. I have good intentions but I'm not very good at writing/sending mail to others


  90. I have a terrible sense of direction


  91. I am not a morning person


  92. I don't like having my picture taken


  93. People tell me I'm naive


  94. I used to always want long hair, now (with kids) I can't seem to keep my hair short enough


  95. I used to not be able to stand the taste of alcohol but now I drink some coolers/wines upto 6% alcohol


  96. I breastfed all my babies for the first year


  97. The only make-up I wear is mascara...sometimes


  98. I'm a fan of disney movies - animated and not


  99. I bite my nails and despite trying to quit many times...I've never yet :(


  100. I hate making decisions...I guess because I'm a "people-pleaser" (so I've been told).....actually even when others aren't involved I tend to be very indecisive.


  101. I still have all my wisdom teeth

1 comment:

Simply Sara said...

Wow! Great list.

I found myself saying "me too" to a bunch of them :)

So nice to meet you!