Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Sister's Keeper


Wow, I finally finished this book and what a good book it was. The fact it took me so long to complete had absolutely nothing to do with the story. Rather that I just couldn't find enough hours in the day to just sit and read. If I could, this is a book you can't put down and want to read cover to cover. This a a thought-provoking book looking at a moral dilemma and ethical issue as it relates to real people and family relationships. I really liked how you got to see each person's point of view as the author used five different voices to tell this story I must admit I never would have guessed the way the plot takes a twist in the end. I have never heard of the author, Jodi Picoult, before but would really like to read her current book as well as other past novels that she has written. There are many sites that review this book but one that I recommend looking at has discussion questions and even an excerpt from the novel you can read.

1 comment:

smileyes said...

I love Jodi Picoult. I saw one of my friends reading a book of hers and I have been hooked ever since. Come visit my site - I am sure we have lots of things in common.