Thursday, April 24, 2008

ECK!!!!

I was hoping the long range weather forcast would be wrong or the system would go around and miss us but neither thing happened. Just a couple days ago, I was raking my lawn, the city crews were sweeping the streets, my kids & I were sporting shorts and sandals, motorbikes & convertibles were everywhere you looked, robins were singing in the trees....but NOW - IT IS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today, I'll be shovelling my driveway, the city crews will be clearing snow and ice off the streets, I had to give my son his snowpants to wear to school, I had to scrap the ice and snow off my vehicle before driving my son to school, the bikes will have to stay parked in the garage, and the robins......what robins?! Not to mention my poor flower gardens, everything was popping up so nicely, I hope this cover of ice & snow doesn't hurt them. In the back of my mind I knew this is only April and in Winnipeg anything can happen until the middle of May, which is when "spring"really comes to stay around here, but still...I guess I was just so tired of winter that I was hoping just this year, atleast, the warm weather would be here to stay. And yes, I must say that the beautiful weather is one reason I haven't been around here quite as much lately. I suppose I should look on the bright side of this, now I won't feel as guilty for staying inside and sitting infront of my computer and I even get some more practice winter driving - by myself as I have my "full"driver's licence now :-) (no, the novelty hasn't wore off yet!).

No comments: