Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


A woman was asked by a coworker,
'What is it like to be a Christian?'
The coworker replied, 'It is like being a pumpkin.'
God picks you from the patch, brings you in,
and washes all the dirt off of you.
Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed.
Then He carves you a new smiling face and
puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.'

I got this in my email and thought it was so true. Can't say I've ever heard it put like that before, but from one pumpkin to another I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I so love the fall season and how nature just shouts God's praise with all it's beauty. In this season of thanksgiving there are so many things I'm thankful for but to just name a few I'd have to say my beautiful family, my friends that are always there for me no matter how far away they are (as most of them are). I'm thankful I was able to reunite with many of them this summer, thankful for the food in my cupboards and especially the eggnog I was drinking last night :) Thankful for my warm cozy house, especially now that is is so cold and wet outside. Thank you God that I was finally able to get my driver's licence and still have it 6 months later. Also I'm thankful for wet little kisses and warm little cuddles. :)

No comments: