Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple woman's Daybook ~ March 2, 2009

For Today...


Outside my window... SNOW!..but the sun is shining! Today when I was listening to the weather we had a "Windchill factor" as well as a"Humidex factor"!?!

I am thinking... it will be nice to have my son's birthday somewhere that I don't have to plan , prepare and clean-up as much as I usually do. We are going to see the movie "Monster vs Aliens" and have a popcorn party, all I have to bring is the cake.

I am thankful for... my husband.

From the kitchen... our fridge and cupboards are fuller of healthy food inc. fruits and vegetables since DH has been trying to lose weight and decrease his blood pressure

I am wearing... my favorite work uniform...FROGS of course! :) Green pants with a purple top that has big frogs sitting (green) and little frogs hopping (yellow) as well as the words "Ribbit!" in white.

I am reading... Date Night In A Minivan.

I am hoping... to participate in the Blog Party this year at 5 Minutes For Moms

I am creating... this blog post, hoping to finish it before it's time to go home

I am hearing... the late News. Everyone here at work is sleeping and soon I will get to then too.

Around the house... snow everywhere. I'm looking forward to when I can look around my house and see green shoots sprouting out of the ground (ie flowers). Perhaps then also inside my house won't be quite the war zone since the kids can go outside and play more often.

One of my favorite things... ice-cream...especially Dairy Queen blizzards, our local Dairy Queen has been open for a month sow and I still haven't gone yet this year...maybe DH, the kids and I should do that later this week... :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm looking forward to having three days off at home in a row. Never have I so looked forward to doing housework!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

One Tree Hill, one of my favorite places during my trip to New Zealand. It is a park on an extinct volcano...a piece of paradise in the middle of a bustling city. Look at all that green grass...*sigh*...I know underneath all this snow we have some grass somewhere.

To read more Daybook entries go to Peggy's site here

No comments: