Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back To Reality

For those of you who don't already know, I returned home around midnight the day before yesterday, Friday July 4th. It was great to see my family again but I must say I was somewhat disappointed that my time in New Zealand seemed so short. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to get anymore pictures downloaded. I still haven't got them developed...something I want to do ASAP as everyone I talk to wants to see pictures. This weekend has been quite busy. Yesterday we went to Cliff's Uncle's 80th Birthday celebration and today we were at a baby dedication for a couple we met in nursing school followed by a buffet lunch. It is a Philipino family so as you can imagine it was no small thing. And tomorrow I'm back to work.

I must say I was very surprised when I came home to find that hubby has been a busy little beaver. He had a whole week with no kids in the house (Liam & Autumn were at Grandma's the first week while Wynn was finishing school). Perfect time for hubby to play all the Xbox games he wants but apparently all he played in the 12 days total that I was gone was about 15 minutes. So what did he do?...He steamcleaned all the carpets in the house (living room, stairs and 3 bedrooms)as well as the couches and the matresses (4) and he repaired the crack above my door that has been there since November and replaced the border. All my gardens are blooming and watered, the grass cut and the side of the garage painted (the stucco that we did not replace with vinyl siding).

It was so beautiful there..even in the winter and rain. I have so much to be thankful for here so I'm feeling a little guitly for wanting to still be there instead of here. I'm a proud wife and mother of 3 beautiful children, why do I feel like this? Is it wrong for me to feel this way?

No comments: