Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ February 23rd Edition



I keep saying that I need to keep a daily journal and when I saw this I thought it was a great way to blog and keep things recorded. So I'm going to give it a go.


For Today...
I am going...back to work now as my 45 minute break is over.
Outside my window...
well I'm at work and I'm on my break so as I look out the cafeteria window into the courtyard I see the large Christmas light displays (ie reindeer, snowman, Santa & elves, Christmas trees, teddy bear) lit up against the black night.

I am thinking... about all the things that I need to finish before the end of the shift and what what I am going to get accomplished tomorrow and this week.

I am thankful for... so many things but I guess the thing that is coming to my mind first right now is I'm thankful that my husband was able to catch his high blood pressure and get it treated before a major catastrophe (...considering his family history and all)

From the kitchen... we have lots of leftovers in the fridge for the next day or so - lots of veggies for salads and chicken & shrimp chow mien that I made for supper last night.

I am wearing... my nursing uniform - wine colored pants and a top with red and pink hearts with various nurses and the words "Nurse Power" as well as white socks and white shoes.

I am creating... memories daily with my kids

I am reading... right now- I'm reading THIS as I type; also I'm reading the Bible hoping to read through it this year, a book called "Date Night In A Minivan" and a book by James Dobson called "The Strong-Willed Child".

I am hoping... that my husband's 3rd dr appt in 5 days goes well tomorrow.

I am hearing... not alot considering that it is 3:20 am. The hum of the lights & vending machines as well as the keys clacking on the keyboard as I peck away.

Around the house... I need to clean up as it is starting to look like a war zone.

One of my favorite things... scrapbooking (when I get time), also I enjoy visiting with friends and spending time with my wonderful husband and three children

A few plans for the rest of the week...
not as exciting as the last few weeks were I've gone glow bowling with my mom, husband & kids; gone to the monster truck show and recently gone to Disney on Ice with the kids. This week my husband has booked off work so I'll enjoy spending time with him while the kids are at school. On Friday I'm attending a computer training inservice at work. and then more night shifts this coming weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
This is the frog my husband got me for Valentine's Day and the flowers my kids got me. :)

Visit Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook to visit more daybookers.

No comments: