Completed in Reference to (Self or Child): Children
1. Number of years teaching or your eldest child has been in school (k through college) ? 3
2. Amount approximately spent on Back to School Items so far including clothes? $115 (+$300 lunch program (see below))
3. Number of Days until school starts in your area (+ or - if it’s started)? -3 days into the new school year. However; although school officially started on Wednesday, my son, who is in grade 2, was in group 2/2groups for his class so he started on Thursday and the entire class has been attending together since Friday. My daughter, who is in kindergarten, has only gone one day so far. She is in group 2/3 groups so she went on Thursday and group 2 goes again on Tuesday, then the entire class starts on Thursday. Kindergarten at their school is a fullday, everyday program and my daughter is really looking forward to it.
4. Approximate distance school is from your house? 1/2 mile (?, I need to time it for sure)
5. Amount of time it will take you or your child to get to school from your house by car or bus? 2-5 minutes, depending upon traffic. This year will be different as I am the one who always takes my children to school and this year I have a driver's lisence so can drive when the vehicle is available. However last year depending on the season and number of children accompanying me (1-3), our walk/bike ride/wagon ride/sled ride could take anywhere from 10-40 minutes.
6. The actual or approximate number of students in the class you teach or your oldest child’s class? 20 students in grade 1/2 (23 students in my daughters K class)
7. The number of classes in your grade or your oldest child’s grade level?
2 - grade1/grade 2 classes(in my son's class there are 10 grade 1 students and 10 grade 2 students) OR classes meaning subjects....ummm...math, reading, science, english, french, music, computer lab, physical education (gym)
8. The price to buy a full student lunch at school? no cafeteria available. However a nutrious breakfast/snack is always provided each morning as part of the Healthy Beginnings program. The lunch program (supervision in lunch room with own packed lunch vs. going home for lunch)is $150 for the year (10 months) or $1.50/day on a casual basis.
9. Number of schools in your district? 41 (25 K-6 schools; 12 grade7-9 schools; 4 high schools)
10. Early dismissal days already built into the calendar? I don't know
11. Price paid for the most expensive back to school item so far? $55 to grade 2 teacher for class school supplies
12. Time school day ends? 3:35 pm
If you'd like to do the meme, please feel free!
For my Homeschooling friend and anyone else that prefers here is a meme just for you:
(Just so you know, the answers shown here are from the blog Prattling Pastor's Wife) who was tagged by Blest With Sons.
1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED
This is the first book I read when we decided to start thinking about the education of our firstborn. He was about 2 years old at the time. It truly is a MUST READ!!!
This is the book I keep on hand to guide me through each school year. We are a Charlotte Mason family and it is full of great advice and information if you choose to travel this path.
2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT
My laptop computer!!! I keep everything on it from schedules, links and calendars to lesson plans and curriculum information. I would have stacks and stacks of paper all over the house if I did not have this thing!!!!!
3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
The big books at Sam's for math... They were not difficult enough for the children and not as comprehensive and thorough as Saxon Math. We have gone back to Saxon fulltime!!!
4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR
As a Charlotte Mason family we use lots of real books. We have a small library in our home and we are always adding to it. Our favorite time of day is when we sit and I read aloud to the children from these books. So, our most enjoyed resource EVERY YEAR is our read aloud time from our treasured little library of classics and great literature on our little couches in the living room.
5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING THIS YEAR
We just bought a computer CD-ROM of the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus Electronic Edition. We are putting it on all the computers in our home and the children will be using it this year - especially JoNathan.
6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
The Sugar Creek Gang books, audio books and videos!!!
7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
A daytimer that held me much more accountable!!!! LOL
8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING
Christian Books CBD catalogue (the most comprehensive)
9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
Simply Charlotte Mason (pretty new site but getting better all the time)
10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS
Carolyn (Guiltfree Homeschooling)
If you are into Memes and wanta do this please do and let me know so I can come and read. If you are not then just skip away whistling and I won't tell anyone... ;) Anyone else is welcome to join in, too!!!