Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Seven Deadly Sins

I saw this on Gill's Blog, here are my responses:
(I must admit, some of the questions made me think and were hard to answer but I so like these kind of quizzes/ memes and wanted to try myself...)

WRATH
1. Who did you last get angry with?
My kids. They are each going through similar stages where they don't listen and do what ever they feel like instead. (First thought that came to mind was my husband by I think that situation I was more annoyed than angry...see #5)

2. What is your weapon of choice?
Words

3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
NO! I think the only member of the opposite sex I've hit would be my son's when disciplining them.

4. How about of the same sex?
I have, when the occasion has warranted it, smacked my daughter on the bum, does that count? Other than that, no.

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
Um, I think it would have been my husband. My child pulled the PS2 off the dresser and it landed on the floor and jammed the door shut with the game CD still in it. He got mad at me as I was the one that gave my son the game controller. I tried first to get it out but couldn't, my husband got angry with me and after a while he did get it open and it worked fine (unlike when he told me "you drop a computer...you break it...like duh!... It's broken, it's nothing but a feather weight now!") The reason I got "annoyed was because after he got so angry at me and I could see fire in his eyes when I suggested I try to fix it, my oldest son explained how daddy fixed it and all was well now. My first thought was daddy must be a hero (sarcasim), only heroes do the impossible which apparently that was.

6. What is your pet peeve?
Um, this question made me think...I guess there isn't just one thing I can think of, instead the first things that come to mind are ignorant and racist people; bad eating manners such as slurping your soup, smacking your lips and eating with your mouth open (I don't want to see the food in your mouth); nails on a blackboard; telemarketers who keep asking for money even after you say NO; channel surfers watching several different things at once when you are trying to watch a show...just to name a few....contrary to this list of ranting I'm really a nice person...

7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
Oh Yes! I can carry grudges for a long time...too long. What is that saying , "...women forgive but never forget"

SLOTH
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?
Exercise (and it shows!)

2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?
On a regular day...around 11:00am. However, if you count after working a night shift and then come home and sleeping, I think the latest was around 5:00pm but usually I only sleep till maybe 2:30pm.

3. Has anyone else noticed that this meme is missing Sloth number 3?
???

4. What is the last lame excuse that you made?
I honestly can't remember.....

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
Nope. I rarely get time to watch a movie or real show let alone infomercials.

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
"a good workout"...I guess that would prob be back in the winter (February maybe), I was doing step aerobics and riding the exercise bicycle each morning after my husband went to work and before my kids would get up.

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
Today doesn't count as I came home at 8am and slept till after lunch. The last time I used my alarm clock would have been Friday and I think that I hit it three times that morning.

GLUTTONY
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
Just recently I've had a fruit smoothie (can't remember the name) at Starbucks a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat?
dark meat

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?
4 or 5 coolers (Bacardi Breezers, I especially like the pina colada and orange/mango twist flavours).

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
No, I'm too cheap, plus I don't like the idea of using pills. Anything that seems to good to be true, probably is.

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
Well according to my BMI, I'm overweight and I'm defenitly much heavier than I'd like myself to be. However, my weight is not that much that is is causing any health issues.

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?
I like them all, especially sweets and spicy foods. (but not together ;))

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?
EWWW, NO!!!

LUST
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
none

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
Not counting my kids...none I hope. I know my hubby keeps telling me to close the windows at night, I just think he's paranoid....

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
Frequently!

4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?
my kids & hubby...does that count?, that's 4!...I know, I'm boring ...

5. What is your favorite body part on a person?
I think it's got to be the eyes. They say so much about a person. Same sex or opposite sex alike.

6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
NO!!!

GREED
1. How many credit cards do you own?
Two too many

2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?
I find it so hard to spend money on myself, so I'm not sure, but times I have been encouraged to do such a thing, I enjoy places like Fruits & Passion and La Senza

3. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
I’d HATE to be famous. Rich I could definitely do!

4. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Probably, yes. I'd pick a dull, boring, predictable job over something stressful anyday, and if it brought in mega-bucks I would be as happy as a pig in poop :)

5. Have you ever stolen anything?
Yes, as a kid it would usually be candy that I stole at the convenience store.

6. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
None. I don't have any MP3s. Infact I still have cassesttes I listen to in addition to my CD's

PRIDE
1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?
Become a wife and mother of three lovely children.

2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
Which parents? I know my mother is proud of the fact I've taught overseas. As for my dad, ...I'm not sure (isn't that awful of me, guess I should ask. But I hate asking such things, cause then I'm told I'm fishing for compliments)

3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
I’d like to be a good mother, a wonderful grandmother and a relatively harmless mother-in-law one day. I’d like for Cliff and I to continue to be loving companions to one another for many, many years to come. I’d like to age gracefully. After seeing the people I look after at work, I just hope I retain what mind I still have.

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Oh no, second place suits me just fine.

5.Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
I can keep dreaming, right?! NO definitely not.

6.Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Defenitly as a child, I'm guilty of cheating on tests to get a better mark.

7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?
Got out of bed. Just joking!

ENVY
1. What item or person would you most want to have for your own?
I’d love to own a Victorian style house with a wrap around veranda, beautifully landscaped yard, and a huge flower garden

2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
Lots of people, I'm not even going to begin to name names. Their houses are so neat and everything has it's own place. Unlike my cluttered little home. Unfortunatley, most of these people don't have kids living in their house so once it is clean, it stays clean.

3.If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
I’d still be me, thank-you very much, but if you could arrange for me to be a me with perky little boobs like Paris Hilton and a bod like Kate Hudson and and a smile like Katie Holmes ........

4. Have you ever been cheated on?
I hope not! Honestly, no, I don't think so.

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
Yup! See No. 3!

6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Confidence; self-confidence and confidence in their relationship with God.

No comments: