Friday, September 26, 2008

A Must Read

I recently finished reading this book, The Shack, and know that I am DEFENITLY going to be reading it again (and probably again & again & again...). There were so many things that were revealed and truths and lessons explained that I often had to ask forgiveness for my own lack of faith. It defenitly changed the way I see God and things that we assume we understand. Have you ever asked, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" or "How could God let this happen?" ? The answers in this book will transform the way you see God. I don't think I've ever understood the trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost) better than I do now. And rather than God being a far off being that I want to be more intimate with, I saw Jesus for the first time as a down to earth friend that is always there with us where we feel him or not. I don't want to say too much that will give away the plot but with every page, the complicated do's and don'ts that distort a relationship into a religion were washed away and a I was able to see God in a new light. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book and read about what Mack learned when he went to the shack after receiving a suspicious note, apparently from God. I hope you enjoy it and have your own "Shack experience"!

No comments: