Tuesday, April 7, 2009

From One Extreme ToThe Other

YAY!! My blogger is working, finally. I wanted to blog about the last couple of days but it wasn't possible due to technical difficulties. !@#$%^&*(?!@ Anyway, the things I wanted to blog about are......
Last week was Spring Break here. My in-laws came into the city Friday for something else. We would all be going back out to the country (Eriksdale) for the weekend to celebrate my niece's birthday as soon as Cliff was done his last evening shift Friday night. Which meant we'd probably go out early Saturday morning so the kids would be there in time for 12:30 when the "kid's party" was to start. Rather, my in-laws took our van and all three kids back with them on Friday. They left Friday am and my husband left for work around 2:30pm so from then on till he arrived home after midnight, I had the whole quiet house to myself. S-I-L-E-N-C-E!!!!! I was able to sit uninterrupted at my computer and watch old episodes of ER, surf the 'net, facebook, and I WOULD HAVE blogged had my computer let me (GRRR!!!). I ate supper when I wanted, didn't have to watch the clock so I put little ones to bed on time. AND, I almost forgot, Hubby asked me to go get his mother something for her birthday so I was able to go shopping myself and not have to do up and undo three other seat belts. And I was able to go into a clothing store and walk around "just looking" till I found the right one and bought Grandma an outfit for her birthday. Then when Hubby did come home at around 12:30am, we didn't have to rush off to bed but rather made a snack and finally went to bed around 2:00am. Needless to say we slept in without being woken up, jumped on and have to watch/listen to Treehouse tv. Best of all, since we weren't in a hurry to get the kids to their party (the "family party" was Sunday at 12:30) we didn't have to hurry off and get a quick bite to eat. Rather after we rose from our leisurely sleepin we went out for brunch together. Basically we went out for a date just the two of us. I think it was almost supper time by the time we finally arrived in Eriksdale. As nice it it was, a day without the kids , it was also nice to see them again........or so I thought. SILLY ME! The rest of the weekend wasn't bad as we were visiting family and there were lots of other kids around, but once Monday morning came and back to the ole drawing board....AAHHH!!!!! I'm surprised I still have hair on my head and didn't pull it all out! :) Cliff was gone for work at 6:30am and it started when I had to get the kids up for school and never stopped till Hubby came home from work. He was greeted by my kicking something the kids had left out across the hall. OOPS, Sorry! I'm not sure why but as much as my kids Love me, I know they don't respect me or atleast they don't act like it. I was to the point of tears several times. I set limits, consequences, am firm but they never pay attention to me until Daddy is brought in. As I've been told, I shouldn't have to raise my voice rather I should just have to give them "the look" and they listen. What am I doing wrong? I love my kids but honestly sometimes they drive me CRAZY!!

No comments: