Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook (April 20th edition)



For Today...

Outside my window...the snow is all gone and has left behind lots of sand all over the streets, yards and sidewalks. Time to get those street sweepers going. Haven't seen one yet but hope to soon.

I am thinking...I need to go to the bank and cash our income tax returns and pay off some bills.

I am thankful for...the flood waters going down and no more adjustments to the flood forecast

From the kitchen...Shrimp Taco Dip that I'm making for home group tomorrow as well as some Sesame Street and Winnie the Pooh character shaped Jello jigglers for the kids.

I am wearing... black jeans, a pink hooded top with faux white camisole attached.

I am reading...The Bible, I've never read the entire book but I think I've finally found a plan for reading the Bible in 1 year that works for me.

I am hoping...every time I get the mail out of my mailbox there will be a letter or card (ie "real mail") addressed to me.

I am creating...a busy and exciting calendar for the next couple of months.

I am praying...for God's wisdom and he will help me to parent my children.

Around the house...I started putting away winter boots, scarves, hats, and mitts a week ago, now to finish washing and putting away the rest of the winter clothes and getting out the spring shoes & clothing.

One of my favorite things...watching the new growth emerge from the ground that has been long since hibernating for the past season.

A few plans for the rest of the week... life-group, YWCA swim lessons, taking my daughter to watch the Western Rhythmic Gymnastic Meet at the university, and working night shifts this weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

To read more Simple Woman Daybook Entries like this one go here.

No comments: