Saturday, May 9, 2009

What's With This Weather?!?

If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it. Actually, I would...how pathetic is that...I do live in Manitoba after all! Just three days ago, the daytime high was +22*C, we were wearing shorts, and biking to school. Today, just three days later, IT'S SNOWING! and I had to bring my potted flowers inside. Thankfully it's not as much as Liam imagined when I said "It's snowing". He replied with glee, "I'm going to go make snow angels!" Hopefully you have to wait until next winter for that my boy, I want to see summer first!

This is what I saw when I looked out my window. Actually I'd already been up for about an hour and there isn't as much snow in these pics as I first saw when I woke up. This is a good thing I guess, means the temperature is warming up and melting the snow. :)

And to think that I scoffed at having to wait until the May long weekend to go to the greenhouse and start buying and planting flowers. The weather was so nice for a couple days I guess I had "spring fever". This is my reality check.

Here are our vehicles covered in snow. In the winter we keep the van in the garage but now the garage is full of bikes, spring toys and gardening stuff.....oops!
I don't think I posted a picture of our new car. The Echo beside the van, we purchased it in January of this year. So nice, I can't imagine how we did with only one vehicle or even how I did without a driver license for so long.
I hope you all are having a good spring!

No comments: