Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Well, I woke up this morning and what was I greeted by but SNOW! AHHH!, at least it is too wet and won't stay around for long. It just wouldn't be Halloween in Winnipeg without snow. I kind of think we can do without it yet though. As for Halloween, the kids look forward to getting dressed up and trick or treating with Grandpa each year and the Halloween parties & candy they have at school. I, myself, am a christian and have no convictions against my kids celebrating Halloween. Infact, I've been reading several different peoples blogs decribing their beliefs , both pro & con, and have been wrestling with the debate of is it good or bad. Although I agree with many of them and can see where both sides are coming from I tend to really like how one person put it into perspective when they wrote "The devil doesn't have any days, rather, This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" I guess the challenge is our intent. As christians, we live in this world but are not of this world and we can use Halloween as an opportunity to go amongst the people and be witnesses for God. One site that I found very interesting and thought you may be interested in, especially if you are wondering 'How can I use Halloween to focus on God and be a witness for Him?' is this -

Halloween: A Christian Perspective at Peggie's Place!

No comments: