Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm SOOOOO Excited!!!!!!

What started as a typical evening call from my mother ended up being the best news I've heard all day. Now when somebody asks me, "What's new?", I can tell them...........are you ready for this?.............I may very likely be going to New Zealand next summer!! :D Mom mentioned that she is going next June as it will be her oldest brother's 45th wedding anniversary and all the family are getting together. Apparently she didn't make it last year for his birthday so upon threat of death (just joking - just a little big brother/little sister lingo) she is going for this special occasion. My brother is going to accompany her and for some odd reason she had never thought I would want to go. Like DUH!!!! Mom!!! I'm sooo excited, I will get to meet my other half of the family, see the beautiful country of New Zealand, and get to see New Plymouth (the city I was born in). My mom is also looking forward to the trip even more now cause she gets to take both her kids back with her.
I still can hardly believe this is going to happen and not just a dream. Just the other day when I was talking to someone re the possibility of completing my 101 in 1001 list, I used the example of my goal "to visit New Zealand" to say "like that will ever happen in the next 2.75 years..." Well, guess what - it just may happen!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! & WOW!